Manager of Finance
|Title:||Manager of Finance|
|Business:||Xchange Technology Group|
DescriptionXchange Technology Group (XTG), a leader in the computer resale, remarketing and rental business has an opening for a Manager of Finance to join their team in Oakville, Ontario. XTG has over 250 employees in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Australia and China.
The Manager of Finance is a key management position on the Finance team and directly manages a concise team of staff accountants in the execution of the monthly accounting close cycle. The position reports to the Corporate Controller of XTG. This is a hands-on position that requires strong knowledge of multi-company, multi-currency ERP systems. Strong leadership skills are required to direct the activities of the accounting team and foster an environment that creates meaningful professional development.
Responsibilities for the Manager of Finance include but are not limited to:
- Managing accounting transactions for multiple legal entities including accurate and timely closing of general ledgers and sub ledgers at month end
- Manage a team of accountants responsible for the reconciliation of multiple company balance sheet accounts including intercompany accounts and multicurrency bank reconciliations
- Review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of financial results and timeliness of completion
- Review and analysis of legal entity and consolidated financial statements
- Maintain process controls and procedures documentation
- Sales tax returns for multiple domestic and foreign jurisdictions
- Direct participation with the annual audit
- Assist with management reporting and provide commentary and insight on operating results
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CA, CPA, CMA or CGA Certification
- Minimum five years experience in a combination of public accounting and industry. National audit firm experience is preferred.
- Minimum three years direct general ledger management experience in a multi-company, multi-currency environment is required
- Previous participation in year-end audit including preparation of audited financial statements and required footnotes
- Strong analytical, interpersonal & communication skills are required
- Outstanding technology skills including demonstrated prior experience with multi national ERP platforms. Oracle experience is preferred.