Accounts Payable Manager
|Title:||Accounts Payable Manager|
|Business:||Xchange Technology Group|
Manager, Accounts Payable
Xchange Technology Group, a leader in the computer resale, remarketing and rental business has an opening for a Manager, Accounts Payable to join their team in Oakville, Ontario. XTG has over 350 employees in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Australia and China.
The Manager, Accounts Payable position is a management position on the Finance team and directly manages the Accounts Payable staff. The position reports to the Senior Director, Transactional Accounting. The incumbent is responsible for full cycle accounts payable by ensuring the timely payment of vendor invoices and expense vouchers. The incumbent consistently reviews procedures to improve efficiency and control of payment processes.
This is a hands on position that requires strong knowledge of multi-company, multi-currency ERP systems. Excellent leadership skills are required to direct the activities of the accounts payable team.
Responsibilities for the Senior Accounting Manager include but are not limited to:
• Manages and leads the team responsible for timely processing all invoices and vendor payments
• Work directly with vendors regarding payment proposal/schedules
• Manage full cycle accounts payable process from invoice receipt to payment
• Oversees day-to-day activities to ensure the highest quality of service for internal and external customers
• Review and prioritization of weekly/monthly payment priorities
• Resolves complex invoice discrepancies timely and provides requested information to business owners and management as needed
• Performs and supervises month-end closing processes within accounts payable, ensuring tasks are completed timely and in compliance with corporate policies
• Develops departmental policies, processes, procedures, and controls leveraging knowledge of Procure to Pay concepts, techniques, and best practices
• Identify and implement process improvements for Accounts Payable and T&E payment processes.
• Reconcile AP and related AP Accrual accounts monthly
• Develop and report key performance indictors which measure performance and efficiency of team and related processes
• Train, evaluate and manage the accounts payable staff
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or extensive relevant work experience
Strong knowledge of internal controls within Procure to Pay processes are required
Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
Proficiency with Oracle 11i or R12 required
Minimum of 5 years of accounts payable management experience in a business that transacts inventory as its primary product
Cash Management experience
Strong analytical, interpersonal & communication skills are required
Outstanding technology skills including demonstrated prior experience with multi national ERP platforms
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications